Lisa Appelo, www.tinyurl.com/TRC-church-weekly
Is church really necessary for the Christian? I want to share 5 reasons why you can’t do without church as a Christian.
1) You’re missing out on how God has chosen to work in this age. God founded the church. It’s not an invention of people. God created the church and has specifically tasked it to carry out His work until Christ returns. (Acts 1:2)
2) You’re missing out on using your spiritual gifts. Every believer has one or more spiritual gifts. Spiritual gifts are not meant for the recipient. They are meant for the body. We’ll be held responsible for how we use our spiritual gift.
3) You’re missing out on spiritual gifts meant for you. If you’re not in a church, not only is the body missing out on your spiritual gifts, but you are missing out on the body’s spiritual gifts intended for you.
4) You’re missing out on accountability. God calls believers to be holy. Can we do that on our own? The more we’re away from regular Biblical teaching and the more we drift away from others, the more difficult it is to live by God’s standards
5) You’re missing out on the sweetest fellowship this side of heaven. Insert your story here.
We Labor Together with God, Wes