2. SSSG, assist your spiritual growth. Think of Sunday School teachers and class members who have modeled the Christian life. Most importantly, spiritual growth often occurs best in the context of small group Bible study.
3. SSSG provide a “place to belong.” In a Sunday School class you are known, personally recognized and transparency is more likely to occur. You can share needs and concerns. As you participate, you become part of the group.
4. SSSG help you build meaningful relationships. You meet people, learn their names, hear their stories, and meet their families. You share fellowship times with class members. You minister alongside others.
5. SSSG provide opportunities to serve and minister. Contacts with sometimes “unchurched prospects” gives you the privilege of sharing your faith. You show the love of Jesus by ministering to class members who have needs.
6. SSSG have a place for the whole family. In one trip to church, your entire family can participate in the important purposes of Bible study, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, worship, and evangelism.
We will recognize Sunday School Small Group Workers Sunday, February 25, @ 10:15 am.
We Labor Together With God, Wes